Submitted: 12-24-2007 by Cliff Roach

Mine is a carbon model with the deep seat option. I won't grade it for big water handling. I feel there are many others better qualified. I paddle flat to moderate chop mostly.

This boat is a pleasure to paddle in any conditions. It is very comfortable and well laid out. I also have a regular performance lay up V10. I would rate them about the same for stability, or maybe a slight advantage to the Mark 1. I time trialed the Mark against a V10 sport, and did better in the sport, and the sport is notably more stable (flat water test). So, obviously it would be that much slower than one of the front running skis (V10, Mako 6 etc). So why buy one? My understanding is that these skis are very popular for big water in South Africa. I think it must be due in part to the build. This boat and all its trim are much much more substantial then my V10 and a V10 sport I have used extensively.

I gave this boat a 9 only because it is a little slower without the benefit of increased stability. If you are not racing where every second counts, this is a great boat that will last many years.