Submitted: 05-13-2000 by MG

The Fusion is a great all around boat. It is good at 'everything' (ie. downriver, playing, surfing), but not perfect at any one river task. Apparently, it was designed as the 'fusion' of a downriver boat (eg. busting through eddy lines and big water) and a play boat capable of surfing. I think the length is about 10'2'' and the volume about 68 gallons. It is very stable and forgiving. This boat is probably unbeatable for beginners who are unfamiliar with the feel of whitewater. Personally, I find the boat good for running new rivers and creeks, and as a big person (>200 lbs) I find it suitable for surfing. I can often get the speed necessary to get into waves that smaller boats can't make, but it is harder to keep the boat in most waves compared to smaller boats. I have never seen many Fusions on the river, even when they were most popular. This suprises me because all the people I know who do boat in a Fusion, including some high-end boaters, are big fans of the model!