Submitted: 12-12-2007 by grayhawk
I sold my Caribou S over a year ago after paddling it for a few years. I had used it for guiding, camping and as a dayboat. While the 'Bou was only 51 lbs. (expedition layup) I found myself loading my Arctic Tern most often because of itís lighter weight and decided to keep the Tern and sell the Bou.. BIG MISTAKE!

The Bou handled heavy weather much better and was faster. While the Tern was a larger boat for camping I would much rather pack lighter and take the Bou. The Bou maneuvered well, rode smooth in the bumps, had a ton of secondary. On a positive note, the new owner and I have become friends and occasional paddling partners so I still get to paddle the Bou.

The negatives are (to some) the hard chines and secondary are not conducive to some Greenland skills work and the low sleek bow does pearl a bit but never bothered me.

On the whole for speed, decent maneuverability and strong secondary, itís a hard boat to beat.