Submitted: 12-12-2007 by josephpatrick
I tested out the V10 Sport for only about forty-five minutes, in calm conditions. I was looking for a boat that would allow me to use leg drive. I found that with at least some leg drive and the accompanied greater rotation, I could attain more speed. Not that speed is everything, unless you make your living racing kayaks!! I like most, don't!

My sea kayak is very restrictive in terms of allowing leg drive. Not all sea kayaks are restrictive for this, but many are due to the thigh braces and fit, which don't get me wrong has advantages for rolling and control in rough water, etc.. I thought I would give the new Epic 18X sea kayak and V10 Sport surfski a try, since both allow for leg drive. I found the 18X to be about the same in terms of speed and efficiency as my current sea kayak. The V10 Sport was faster and more efficient than my sea kayak. The V10 Sport was very comfortable in terms of seating arrangement. I could get a great close paddle catch and leg drive. The stability was less than my sea kayak which is 17'7"x 22." However the stability was much better than anything I've been in with similar speed. For me, the V10 Sport may be the best kayak I've been in!!!