Submitted: 12-10-2007 by Neil

I would buy it again even if I were single.
I purchased the Malibu Two XL because I like to dive, fish and explore and have a family. I let the kids play king of the kayak throwing each other off it when anchored in shallow bays and they never tip it over. I had read a good deal about it being either heavy or slow but haven't found that to be the case. The first time I put it on the water with my eleven-year old in the front, he took off on me and paddled easily all around the Caribbean while I tried to catch him.

My wife (5'2") and my 11 year old can put it on the roof of the Windstar since I changed my roof rack system to a simple flat bar (which also holds her Ocean Kayak Venus 11). It was quite a while before they let me paddle it alone, but now that I have had it a year and have fished and free dived from it by myself I find it fast and maneuverable even with one paddler causing me to make the comment I started with.

It is one of the big kayaks out there and at 60 lbs not the lightest, but what you get for the weight and size is certainly worth it. You can do more with more kayak. I can't tell you how many people I run into on the water say they should have gotten one like I am paddling.