Submitted: 12-04-2007 by kuhlman713

My first time out with this kayak was about what I expected. Set up time was less than 15 minuets (I tried at home first). I would buy the pump WITH gauge as this would take most of the guess work out of the inflating process.

It's a snug fit for me at 5'10" 220 lbs and I did not adjust the foot brace correctly before leaving so I could not re adjust on the water. To access the foot brace you have to unzip the top cover of the craft, something the manufacturer says you should not do. So I went ahead and continued paddling with straight legs.

The seat is as comfortable as any I have sat in. It was a windy day (10-15 mph), my son was in a 11' Pungo & I could not keep up with him. Coming back with the wind it was more even, so this yak is affected by the wind more than the hard shells.

The Expedition seems to track well but does take more effort to paddle. I will take it out one more time before I decide to purchase the back bone, my first impression is the boat is a little too flimsy in the water, it's weird to feel the boat undulate with the waves, yet it's extremely stable.

Taking it down was easy as long as you use the pump to suck all the air out first. It fits back into the bag, with room for the pump and some extras I have.

I bought this boat to access the numerous lakes and bays within a couple of hours of Houston & I did not want to put a rack on the "good " car. It looks like it will fit the bill...