Submitted: 12-04-2007 by rik_anaka
The Freefall is an old school creek boat, circa early 1990's. I bought my Freefall last summer for super cheap. The plan was to use it as a whitewater tripper. Last summer I tried taking it on some technical runs... just to see how it did. Maybe it's just that I'm used to more modern boats, but wow what a beast. The massive volume and long length get caught by every current imaginable. So no more technical runs in the Freefall. What this boat does excel at is carrying lots of gear and plowing it's way down a rapid. This winter's project is stripping out all but the necessary outfitting to open up the massive volume for gear. It'll then be my class 3 tripping machine.

Pros: Monstrous volume and displacement hull holds tons of gear. Big speed. Plows through just about anything. Super easy to roll. Will be a great tripper.

Cons: This thing is a beast. Not for technical runs. Definitely not a playboat.

Danuu Kayak Covers: