Submitted: 11-29-2007 by sloboat
I've had my Kestrel 140 TCS for about a year and a half now. We have paddled under a wide variety of conditions. I have only had one problem and that was coming back from a gulf side paddle going upstream against an outgoing tide. We did it, I just had to work a little harder than the skinnier boats.

This is a GREAT boat and has performed well.Easy to paddle, stable, nimble, sturdy and durable. Wind, sliding over logs, open water, twisting streams, spring fed run currents (up and down stream) are no problem at all. I even stayed upright when a manatee surfaced underneath my boat lifting it out of the water! Scared us both, but I stayed upright.

I would highly recommend this boat to anyone. Plenty of storage, cockpit is large and I can move around reaching the rear hatch without a problem. I use a half skirt on the cockpit most of the time because of the Florida sun, also have a full spray skirt that I have used in poorer weather.

Hardy and feisty this boat lives up to its namesake.