Submitted: 11-21-2007 by phussmann

After owning this kayak for 3 and a half years and using it extensively on lakes of all sizes, tidal rivers, sloughs,etc. I feel that I can now give an honest assessment of its performance.

For the purpose that it was intended it works great, it tracks well is easy to enter and exit and the seat is very comfortable and adjustable. It has held up well and I am not easy on it in the least and the weight is light enough for one person to car rack if needed. I have used other boats, mostly sit on tops or tandem sea kayaks and prefer the Pungo overall.

Probably the only things negative I have to say is that the cockpit is probably a little larger than needed and more flotation in the bow would be a good thing (I have added a flotation bag).Otherwise I highly recommend this to the recreational kayaker.

On other comment on the reviews,I feel that submitting a review for a kayak that one has just purchased and not used yet is not helpful to potential buyers. Until one takes the boat out in varying conditions one cannot give an accurate review. Thanks