Submitted: 11-19-2007 by RouseD
Without trying other kayaks, except for a one hour trip on a Heritage Redfish 12, and a few very short tryouts on about 4 others, I give my Ride 135 a 10. I am almost 61yo and weigh about 185 lbs. I am 5' 7 1/2 ".

The Heritage Redfish is a very good yak, but I preferred the 135. I did not try the Heritage 14 because I didn't like the front hatch on it. I have stood and fished from my 135 and have pulled over some flooded marshes and have thrown a cast net while standing also.

The maneuverability of the Ride 135 is good. I tried it out the first time in fresh water creek here in eastern NC. One of my concerns was that I needed my kayak to be maneuverable because of the tight situations you can get into in some of our creeks. To look at the bottom of the hull, you wouldn't think the maneuverability would be good, but it will surprise you.

I have an ofice crate behind my seat and a 28 quart ice chest on the very back. I will usually carry about 4 rods and other fishing gear with me, as well as my cast net. I am loving fishing in it.