Submitted: 11-17-2007 by MRA

I love this kayak! This is the first kayak I have purchased, and I am extremely happy with it. The boat is extremely lightweight, so it is easy for me to put it in or take it out of the water by myself, even though the dock I use sits pretty high out of the water. For reference, I'm about 6'2" and 170 lbs. Once on the water, its speed and handling are amazing. I can keep up with joggers on the shore quite easily. The boat tracks nicely, and I agree with other reviews I've read which have said that even though a rudder does not come with this boat, it really is not necessary.

There are really only two drawbacks to this boat for me: for one, there are no bulkheads, so in the event the boat capsizes it will be a little more difficult to right and re-enter. I have mitigated this by stuffing a couple life jackets forward and aft of the cockpit to add some buoyancy. Second, there isn't much storage on this boat. The bungee cord aft of the cockpit works very well (I use it to strap down the two-wheel dolly I use to pull the kayak to and from the waterfront). And there's room to stuff things inside the boat, forward and aft of the cockpit. But, no watertight compartments to speak of. But, I guess that's not really what this boat was meant for.

If you're looking for a fun, high-performance kayak to take out for day trips, I would highly recommend this kayak. Personally, I couldn't be happier with it!