Submitted: 11-16-2007 by Buckler

I wish I could have given the canoe an 8.8 rating. A good B+.
Some of its downfalls are: its weight - you would think 81 lbs is no big deal, but it's weight distribution for its size is awkward. A yoke a some sort would be really nice. The handles are nice to drag the canoe with - just be aware that the bolts holding them on will loosen up over time so tighten them periodically. I have had the canoe tip over on me just once - I was leaning back, and to the side, to miss an overhanging tree branch. If you have someone sitting in the middle seat, they don't need to paddle - their paddle will get in the way of the others because of the canoe's short length.

But, I really like the length of the canoe - it's easy to put in the back of my pickup with the tailgate down. I like the seats a lot. I like how well it tracks. And having a middle seat makes it valuable for families.

I would definitely recommend this canoe to a family that is on a budget, but loves family outings.