Submitted: 11-16-2007 by DLPH

Pros: Lightweight, therefore easy to lug around and car-top. Tracks straight, yet maneuvers easily enough, very stable (I'm 5'7" and about 175). I can't explain why, but I'm pretty sure it moves faster than a Scrambler or my Tarpon 100, and the glide is surprisingly good. Dry ride compared to some other SOTs I've tried. Conveniently placed hatch, plenty of storage for my purposes. Surfs small following waves nicely. I've been hit broadside by boat wakes - no problem. I like Emotion's colors, too. Bright, vivid, easily visible. Mine is the tangerine.

Cons: Pronounced hull slap when heading into waves, even small ones. However, on flat water or in waves coming from other directions, the hull slap is minimal to nonexistent. Also, there's a well-placed hatch right between your legs for easy access, but there's no inner liner or anything to keep your items from ending up too far fore or aft of the cockpit for you to reach. I may add a liner of my own, which shouldn't be hard to do.

Overall, a fun little "throw it on top of the car and go" type SOT, good for lakes or slow rivers.