Submitted: 11-14-2007 by iaacco
Bell Northstar is my latest buy of Bell canoes. I used it last summer as solo to paddle the Finnish coastline, about 800 miles about half is quite open waters. I have a blog of my trip here: www.rannikko.vuodatus.net, it is in Finnish, but captions in English. It a bit big canoe for solo paddling, but with lots of gear it was very good choice for my trip. In rough seas it turned quickly and did not feel a bit tippy. Actually I paddled some shallow stretches standing with no problem. My bell is White Gold, it got a lot of punishment on the rocky waters & coasts. It has a lot of scratches in the bottom, but nothing serious. I have had also Bell Wildfire which was my companion for several thousand miles. Also I had Magic, it was a perfect canoe, but for my paddlings it was not agile enough. Now I ordered Merlin II Black Gold and I am eagerly waiting to test it. Actually there are four of us Bell enthusiasts who made orders together.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: