Submitted: 11-13-2007 by Robbie

Just got back from my first paddle with my new Easky 15 W/Skeg. It is rotomolded plastic. I like this boat, I think it paddles very smooth and responds well to paddle input. I also think that this boat has more capability than me (for now). The skeg is very well designed and offers exacting levels of adjustment. I was in moderate boat chop and the bow cut the water very nicely. It is pretty easy to get the boat to edge in calm water, but a little harder in some chop. I took two paddles with me, an Auqabound Sting Ray and an Aquabound Manta Ray. They both did o.k. but the 220cm length was a little short for low angle cruising.

My only gripe is that the seating system is a little cheesey. I am going to custom carve my own and brace the seat pan properly. The seatpan tends to sway left or right when maneuvering the boat on edge. All in all this is a great boat for the money and anyone looking to get a boat for cruising and light touring should give it a go.