Submitted: 11-08-2007 by YH

Bought this 1 year ago and have been impressed by its stability and ease of set up. If you are not going for distance in choppy or windy conditions and have a tight budget this is for you. Being able to stand up allows me to have a good vantage point in sight fishing and stretch my tired legs and body. Being portable means you can use it in overseas trips.

Pros

1. Rather dry ride.
  2. Self Bailing ports can be covered in calm conditions.
  3. Very Stable. I am 5' 8" and able to stand up to do fly casting.
  4. Very reasonably priced.
Cons
  1. Very heavy!
  2. Does not track straight very well compared to Feathercraft airline (I know, difference price point). I wonder will it be too late to design a skeg for it?
  3. Bag does not have a metal 'D' Ring at the end of the zip, which means you cannot lock your bag when traveling. But you can sew one on for a nominal price.
  4. Bag does not have shoulder straps to double as a backpack. Isn't it nice to have a bag designed for this purpose and add some space for rod tube and gears?

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: