Submitted: 11-05-2007 by Steve

I have the W20, and it is just a fabulous camera. I have used it on several river trips now, rafting, kayaking, hiking,in clear and muddy water, dust, mud, never a problem. It takes superb photos.

I took a digital photo class, and it took photos equal to any SLR in the class in most conditions, as long as you didn't have to use a long lens(the zoom on this camera, like most "point and shoots", is minimal). The macro setting takes closeups to 1 centimeter, and the results have been amazing. Color, clarity, overall quality of the photos has been better than any point and shoot I've ever used of any size or price, and at least as good as my film SLR in most conditions.

My only real beef with the camera is the lack of a view finder, because the screen is really hard to see in bright light. I bought a little hood attachment that sticks to the screen, which helped a little with the visibility, and is a definite advantage to keep the screen from being scratched in the kind of conditions I use it in.
Highly recommended.