Submitted: 11-02-2007 by mncrash

I took delivery of my assembled Sportsrig Classic microtrailer at the manufacturer, since I live in California. I towed it without any boat 250 miles home on highway and mostly freeway behind my 2007 Corolla with automatic trans. I got 32+ MPG and hardly noticed the trailer was behind me! I am most pleased with the trailer and tow canoes on it. With a little adapting and an extra pad of my own, the trailer tows my valued wood and canvas, wide and heavy, 14' canoe with no difficulty.

It took a while to get the trailer as it was summertime and the demand for the trailer was greater. The trailer is beautifully designed, assembled and finished and looks great, even folded up in the corner of my 2 car garage. The trailer is made of steel, as have all of the Sportsrig trailers been made. I noted that "joe" in his 7/26/07 review talked about the failure of his aluminum trailer, but it must have been made by another manufacturer, not Sportsrig.

I paid a little over $2,000 total for this unit, including taxes, and extras like an extension light, heavy duty shocks, load bar extension and tongue bar extension "A". The price was right for me, as I am over 70 years old and had some difficulties in loading and unloading the canoes from the top of my SUV. I look forward to years of use of this fine product. By the way, I got nothing but cooperation from the manufacturer when I had questions.