Submitted: 10-31-2007 by KG

You get what you pay for: this is a pretty mediocre boat. I purchased this when I was relatively new to kayaking, and looking for a solid all-around recreational boat. Perception does make some good boats; the design looked solid, so I got it. I wouldn’t buy this boat again.

If you are going upstream or into a current, it plows terribly. It's slow, no glide, and even w/the skeg the boat doesn’t track as well as it could. If you are going to spend $400 to $600 on a boat, you’re better off getting a used Wilderness Systems boat. You can’t go wrong w/the recreational boats. I have a Pungo 120 and a Tsunami 140, and believe that both are a good value for the price.

Try the boat first whatever you do, and talk to someone knowledgeable about kayaks (not the staff at Dick's or any other department store)!!