Submitted: 10-31-2007 by Tim L

We have had Aquabound Sequels for the last five years, great paddles but a bit heavy, indestructible, but with a couple of newly purchased kevlar sea kayaks decided it was time for something lighter. I picked up a Stingray and Manta ray all carbon paddles with the TLC this spring at the Seattle REI store. What a difference the lighter weight made, really nice paddles.

There is a very distinct crunching, snapping sound when two carbon fiber shafts are crushed flat to the pavement by a car tire. The crunching sound was followed by a nauseous feeling in my gut similar to when I misplaced by visa card. As I folded the remnants of my 2 paddles into a green garbage bag, I felt resigned to forking out another $400.

Back at the REI store, I told my sad tale to the sale clerk who refused to sell me another couple paddles until I contacted Aquabound. “They have great customer service” was all she said.

So I emailed Aquabound, and received a phone call the next day. “Send me what you have, and we will make it whole again” was the reply. Within 3 weeks, I have my paddles back, in perfect shape, with new carbon shafts and a bill for only $50.00.

I don’t recall the last time I’ve experienced such excellent customer service. BRAVO!!! REI, BRAVO!!! Aquabound