Submitted: 10-31-2007 by Gary Everts

I bought my first Pungo 3 years ago after test paddling 7 other brands and models and I will go on record as saying this is "the" best 14' rec boat I could have bought. It does everything I have asked of it plus more. It has lots of storage, very stable, superb tracking!!...and I personally found no need for a front bulkhead that a few dry bags couldn't handle, actually I prefer it to not have a front bulkhead because I carry a soft sided fish cooler with me to take some of my catch home and it fits perfectly in that area between my feet (very easy access)

I have paddled this boat all over and in different types of water from the Pamlico Sound on the outer banks of North Carolina, lakes and rivers of Michigan (incl. The great lakes)and I now live in Florida and have paddled from the Gulf to the backwater mangroves and this boat does it all. I have it rigged for fishing but it will also carry a ton of camping gear. This boat if rigged properly (a no-ceeum net instead of a spray skirt) and proper ultralight camping techniques a person can lay down "set the net" from inside and sleep on the beach in that cockpit and be the first one to the fish in the morning ...you can't do that with a bulkhead installed. You can't do that with any other brand of boat in that class.

I encourage people to paddle all kinds of boats and then make their decision, one boat isn't right for everyone. But this week I just bought another Pungo 140 and now I have 3...the whole family loves them. My wife and I are 45 years old and will have these boats for along time… like I said they do everything. A 10 +++