Submitted: 05-10-2000 by Mal

I wanted a solo that could keep up with tandem canoes, and the Advantage more than fills the bill. I think if I got a spray cover or flotation bags to cut down wind resistance, and used a double paddle, I could keep up with sea kayaks too. Has surprisingly good initial stability, so even somebody unused to such a narrow boat will feel comfortable immediately. The tractor seat is ok, and you will need it to slide back and forth to keep the boat properly trimmed if you are bucking or running before a fair breeze. My boat is the kevlar skincoat construction, advertised and 33 lbs., but actually only weighs about 31 lbs. (Wenonah sez the weight they advertise for their boat models is actually a few pounds more than the actual production average.) Anybody who wants a solo that flies should check out the Advantage. It's at the head of the class!