Submitted: 10-22-2007 by carlj

There is no such thing as perfection.. So I gave this boat a 9. I am 6'1" 250 so I need a boat that is a little bigger, but I wanted a fun boat too. I have found it in the P & H Cetus.

I am an advanced beginner, or intermediate paddler, having been out of the sport for a few years, so this boat was a step up for me. It takes a little while to get used to, but has really impressive secondary stability, it actually feels more stable as you lean it.. Crazy. The setup of the boat is really nice, backband, skeg, 4th hatch, rigging, construction.. All top rate. My boat is carbon kevlar, and there are a couple of blemishes that may or may not be an issue on the inside, but I'm not worried about them. This boat is almost 18' long but turns quick. At a dead stop with a mild lean you can spin 180 degree's with only a couple of sweeps. It does want to wander a little in big winds, but with the skeg down just a bit it tracks fine.

I have paddled this boat on lakes, and in a pretty stiff breeze, as I get to know the boat more, and take it into more challenging situations, I will add to this post. I have set up a web page, with pictures of this boat and some more details, such as cockpit dimensions and the like:
Sorry about the tinyurl address, trying to keep down the spam to my domain name..