Submitted: 10-19-2007 by snakecharmr

I purchased this boat two years ago and didn't get to use it much the first year, but this last year I've used it almost every week during the spring, summer and up to fall.

The boat lacks a lot of the outfitting that other 10 footers have but I purchased a fit kit off of ebay that had a variety of foam blocks and instructions on how to fit them. I also mounted two scotty rod holders to it and bought a deluxe sprayskirt for the boat.

I have to say that this boat is an incredible deal for the money, and someone just getting into the sport or needing a second boat couldn't go wrong with this one. For a 10 footer it is reasonably fast and incredibly stable (you have to really try to take water in with this boat). The build quality is good especially when the durability of the material is taken into consideration. I've racked mine off rocks, slid it across sidewalks, down creek banks and honestly haven't taken care of it as I should, and it still is as good as new with only minor scratches to the hull that could be sanded or buffed off in a couple minutes. There is ample room in the boat for a day trip but I wouldn't recommend this as a weekend boat at all, no bulkheads, no waterproof hatches or storage and limited weight limits 275lbs on mine.

Now I have been paddling for most of my life in one form or another but this is my first sit in kayak and I most likely won't paddle much else again. I'm very happy this this boat and with the company in general and am now looking at purchasing the 140dlx and again doing my own outfitting on that boat and adding some bulkheads and hatches. You really can't go wrong with this boat. I will be keeping this boat as my 7 and 8 year old have taken an interest in it and I believe there isn't a better boat for the money out there.