Submitted: 10-16-2007 by dunzinski
I bought a used plastic Aquaterra Scimitar with rudder and absolutely LOVE this boat. Although an older sea kayak, this boat has wonderful initial and secondary stability and I find it very comfortable to paddle.

This boat is made for small to medium paddlers - my husband felt cramped in it - but for me (5'5" and 120-130 lbs) it fits perfectly. This boat handles barge and speed boat waves beautifully (I do use the rudder) and is a blast to paddle! I've paddled numerous other kayaks - white water, recreational and sea kayaks including a variety of Old Town models, Perception models, kevlar Necky Looksha IV, Hurricane, and Dagger. The Scimitar is my favorite! I can load and unload this on our van by myself so don't find the weight a problem (although I do prefer help when it's available...). So far the hatches have stayed dry. Overall a fun boat if you can find one!