Submitted: 10-05-2007 by trm242

I bought the poly version in March and have used it extensively on Lake Erie ranging from completely flat conditions to 3 to 5 foot chop. Necky doesn't recommend conditions above 2 footers, but it has been extremely stable/predictable in all situations.

The speed has also been more than satisfactory. I donít have great form and can cruise at 3.5 knots without much effort over 8-10 miles. The cockpit is roomy and the seat is very comfortable. The drawbacks are minimal. It would be nice if a hatch were readily reachable while underway like the Tsunami 14.5, which I also considered. The second time I removed the front hatch cover, the neoprene started to de-laminate. Necky customer service was phenomenal and sent a new one asap with no questions asked.

Overall, a great boat that I would highly recommend.
I would also highly recommend www.mountainmanoutdoors.com. Great product knowledge, customer service and the best price I could find anywhere.