Submitted: 10-05-2007 by 1tillie1

I bought the last Adventure XL 125 at the Old Town Outlet sale after doing a lot of online, & some on-water(demos)research.

I am 5'6" and 160 lbs. The Adventure XL 125 felt great from the first time I tried it, and I continue to be delighted with it. I have paddled every weekend in conditions ranging from windy chop to strong current to calm. I found it to be very stable in all conditions. This kayak handles, tracks and glides nicely, although it does "wander" in a breeze when you stop paddling.

The boat is well built. At 50 lbs., I struggle loading it on and off my Forester. Once I dropped it badly enough that it bounced, but it suffered no damage. Both bow & stern compartments remain dry. The twist locks on the hatches work well. I find the seat to be just as comfortable as my friend's Phase 3. I do plan to add knee pads to the cockpit coaming. This is why I gave it a 9 and not a 10.

I recommend using these valuable reviews for reference, but you must try before you buy. Enjoy!