Submitted: 10-02-2007 by Joe R

I just bought one. Pretty good boat. I was impressed with it considering how small it is. I just went from a 17 foot fiberglass boat to this. It's not fast but is great for a short boat. This is my first SOT so I don't have anything to compare it to. I got it because I just had knee surgery and needed something small and easy to deal with. It will go straight with ease and with just a slight lean, it will carve a real crisp turn. It's kind of like a Jeep. It doesn't do anything well but it does everything well enough. And, it'll fit on a Jeep!

For boarding in deep water, it's actually pretty good. Primary stability is great and secondary is OK. For surf, you do need to shift your weight forward and back quite a bit but since it's so short, it responds quickly to minor changes in loading. For what it is, it's great. For what it isn't, it isn't bad.

I'm 5'10" at 180 so I give it a pretty low cg. I guess that works to my advantage. The folks complaining of tippiness seem to be pretty tall. When you've got a boat this small, leverage plays a big part.