Submitted: 10-02-2007 by mcon

I have been using this camera for about 6 months now. I have taken it snorkeling, and used it extensively while kayaking. I plan to take it on ski trips this winter.

It's true that the photo quality is only good, not great, BUT I would not dream of taking my big expensive Canon where I take this camera, and that's the whole point. I can easily tweak the photos in iPhoto or Photoshop. As a result I have lots of perfectly decent photos that I otherwise wouldn't.

The reason I give it a 9, not a 10, is because the camera does not have a viewfinder and the LCD is almost impossible to see in bright sunlight, especially if you're wearing sunglasses. This is a real design flaw in a cameras that is clearly meant to be used outdoors! I've had pretty good luck just aiming it by "feel", and since it's digital I can take multiple shots hoping one will be framed acceptably. It slips comfortably into a pocket of my PFD so it's always handy. It has lots of presets and I've found the ones for underwater are pretty good.

New York Kayak Co.: