Submitted: 10-01-2007 by Paul

I love the Cayuga 160. Ive had it for about a year and have done several trips in Lake Erie with it. Once I became comfortable with the movement of a kayak, I was able to challenge myself a little more. This past week I added a spray skirt. I had an east wind (coming from the lake towards shore) which made the waves around 3 feet tall. The Cayuga had no problems cutting the waves or surfing them on the return to land.

The kayak handles well in every situation I have taken it, but it handles above my expectations during 3 foot waves. I have zero complaints about this and believe the people at Old Town did a fantastic job with the design. Sure, the market has other fiberglass or kevlar kayaks for 3 times the money, but this kayak has the bang for the buck. I suggest this kayak to anyone looking for a really great ride with comfort, efficiency of paddling long distances and stability.