Submitted: 10-01-2007 by jimtex222

After paddling a few kayaks I decided on a 12 footer (easy to handle, carry etc...) 30" wide (stable,roomy etc) and the Featherlite 12 fit the bill however despite the name it really isn't light at 51#.

I got the fishing version with (2) flush mounted rod holders installed in back but I don't like the back paddle spray getting my reel wet so I intend on getting an upright front mount soon. The boat tracks excellent into the wind but tries to turn sometimes with a tailwind so I have to paddle hard from one side or another sometimes to stay in line however I'm learning a little body english to guide easier.

In general, the boat is rather fast and stable with lots of room for a 12 footer and I adjusted the seat to support my back comfortable all day. For the price this is an excellent bargain that serves its purpose as an all around kayak that seems to do everything good.