Submitted: 09-28-2007 by Jim D

OK, I'm back for round 2.....As you read in the previous review, Necky delivered a new Elaho HV to me at their cost.....Good news indeed!!! Thumbs up Necky!!!

Bad news...this boat still is wickedly unstable with any kind of broadside swell or chop. In calm water it is a pleasure to paddle. However I do all of my paddling in Pensacola bay, and in any chop/swell at all on the beam of the Elaho, it's a struggle to keep the boat upright....as in my first Elaho I installed the very thin "hot seat" to lower the cg as much as possible....it's better, but still no fun. I'm told now that Necky has discontinued this model...I think I know why. If anyone who reads this has a recommendation on a more stable, but still moderately high performance boat, please email me. I'm 6'2" and 205 lbs.

I love the Elaho in calm conditions, but feel like I'm fighting for my life when I turn crosswind. At least I didn't have to pay Necky anything for this second boat.....