Submitted: 09-28-2007 by carol49

I bought my Cayuga 146 just over a year ago and I still love it.
I just wanted to add something for anyone who thinks this boat is slow or clumsy. I have had a chance to kayak several times with a group from a kayaking club. I am a 57 year old female and the other paddlers averaged about 40 and were almost all male. Everyone had a longer much more expensive kayak. There were Wilderness Systems, Current Designs, Formula composite boats all about 16 to 18 feet in length. Much to the surprise of the group leaders who have all kayaked for many years my Cayuga 146 handled as well as any of the boats with no rudder in both a tail and head wind and I was able to keep up with everyone. I even chose to go with some of the group into open water with big waves and the Cayuga handled it all fine. I do work hard to build up the strength in my arms and shoulders which helps of course but there is no doubt in my mind that the Cayuga 146 is an excellent choice in a stable, comfortable recreational touring boat.