Submitted: 09-27-2007 by DM

Great boat - I bought it 5 years ago second-hand, and believe it to be now about 8 years old. The construction is excellent though light, and finish good too. It's had countless scrapes on stony beaches and only suffered the first leak due to this recently. Handling is very forgiving and tracks well - I've paddled it in very confused seas in a force 6. Cruises for me at between 4.5 and 5 mph. Seat very comfy, though I did add better lumbar support. The skeg wire needed an extra cable support added to the outer sheath to prevent it bending instead of lowering the skeg. Only real complaint is (was) the hatches. Older boats like mine were fitted with large laminate hatches, though the manufacturer changed to rubber ones some years ago. Try as I might I could not keep the water out, so eventually I fitted small circular hatches within the laminate ones, then glassed the original ones into place from the inside. I now have dry compartments, but very tight access.