Submitted: 09-27-2007 by gary21cp

I bought a Necky Manitou to fill out a stable full of kayaks -- Pungo 12, Dagger Delta, FeelFree Nomad, Tarpon 100, Dagger Zydeco. I wanted a boat that was longer but not too long, able to do flat water and mild rapids, pack some gear, be smoother and faster than what I had already. The Manitou has filled that wish list very well, and I'm very pleased. It's incredibly smooth and fast for a boat its size. It's fairly maneuverable -- no whitewater boat, but I've had it on Class II rapids that it handled without a problem. It's got a nice hatch for carrying stuff -- I finally figured out the somewhat annoying fabric hatch cover, which takes some practice. The seat is very comfortable, but if there was something I'd change, it would be the straps that hang on either side of the cockpit, for adjusting the seat, as someone else mentioned. But this is a minor caveat. Overall this is one of the best boats I've ever paddled, and for the price I think it's hard to beat.