Submitted: 09-24-2007 by Marilyn

I have owned my Vista for about 6 seasons now. It is the best investment I have ever made toward recreational equipment. The Vista tracks very well, the paddling is almost effortless even with mild winds. I agree with another owner that the Atlantic waters test the boundaries of this kayak. It was more work in the ocean but still very manageable and a lot of fun. The Vista turns very well, is light weight and easy to put on top of my JEEP and I am a woman of fairly short stature (5'2).

Mine is orange. I love the fact that it was fabricated from recycled plastic and also the opening is large enough that I don't feel I would be stuck if I flipped over. 12.5 ft in length and a 24 in. wide cockpit. The storage is great and the adjustable foot pedals allow for the best positioning and leverage while paddling. The Vista also does not tip as easily as other brands when entering and exiting. The seat is a little uncomfortable. I bought a cushion and it works fine. Awesome kayak. I will not be upgrading as this model is perfect for me.

New York Kayak Co.: