Submitted: 09-18-2007 by TheUsualSuspect

I've had my Search 13 for a month now. Two words... Love It!
Tracking and glide is outstanding. Stop paddling and you can sail straight forever it seems. Handles waves well, and the initial rigging is really well thought out. I like the floor mounted bungee to clip rod leashes and my camera drybox to. The velcro side pockets are a nice touch, and gives a handy place to put pliers, hooks, plastic baits, and the like. And the rear tankwell is massive, although I was disappointed that a standard filebox won't quit fit in it. I believe a milk crate will do fine. The floor slopes forward toward the front scuppers, so your rear end can stay dry.

Downside, the good tracking means it is harder to turn. And the rear tankwell takes on water routinely, so anything in back is subject to soaking. A little extra height there would have been good. I'm 5'10", 220#, and the legroom is excellent and the ride is only a little wet.

A really nice ride that, for some reason, seems to be a bit of a secret.