Submitted: 09-17-2007 by JCK

I didn't really know what to expect due to the fact that its been 14yrs since I sat in a yak. Rented a few SOTs to get me interested in it again. I initially bought the yak to get back into the sport living in S.FL. The gentleman asked me to take it out of his store with skirt and paddle for $700, it wasn't a cheap rec paddle or skirt either!

Initially I had problems tracking it due to improper forward paddle technique... and yah it does sorta plow water a lil bit until I got it on the open water with gear and water/food. The extra weight does seem to help the boat for some reason and have had no complaints. My boat is the 12.0 not the 10.5, so the extra length might be what I have to smile about. Oh and yes, if you purchase one, just buy a paddle pad ($9.99) and it will solve your seat problems... other than that it's ready to go!

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: