Submitted: 09-15-2007 by HankP88
Just installed 2 pairs of these systems and they work like a charm. I previously had my boats suspended from the ceiling rafters in my garage, but it was getting to be a nuisance to haul them up and down with the "nylon strap/ratchet clamp" system.

My wife's boat is a wide Hobie Mirage SOT and mine is a Wilderness Tsunami 145. Both fit on the tilts with ease and lean on an angle against the wall so they don't stick out very far at all. (I was thinking about using the regular Kayak Condo, but it comes straight out off the wall 24", which would have made pulling my car in and out a little dicey.

The racks themselves are well-made, but I found one of the bolts to be too short and went to Home Depot and bought a few that were half an inch longer. Other than that little issue, I had no problems assembling or installing the racks. I would recommend them for almost any type of kayak.