Submitted: 09-12-2007 by nc887
I've had the Dirigo 106 a couple of months now. I really like this one. I was looking for a shorter kayak that was stable & could handle some of the faster moving rivers here. One I could move around without a cart, yet has enough room to store some gear. Love the dry hatch in the rear & the small one in the front is great for the keys or cell phone. I see no tracking problem at all. When you need to turn it turns. It's a little noisy on the front when paddling fast. I don`t think it's that noisy tho even with the upsweep noise. I was still able to paddle up on 4 deer on the shore of a lake drinking water.
The seat is great also. Very easy to adjust the bottom & the back.
The hull seems to be holding up just fine. I do run around & hit rocks from time to time.
The bunge cords are nice on the front & rear. Great for bilge pump or gear & also to hook a paddle & paddle float in for getting back in if in deep water.
Not the fastest, but great for it's size. If I need speed then I use one of my longer & narrower kayaks.

What else can I say. It`s great on lakes , rivers. I sure it can handle class 1 & 2 rapids. Not sure if "I" can handle a 3... lol... Paddle safe... Denver (NC887)