Submitted: 09-12-2007 by redcloudjl

Bought a 2001 Tarpon 16, loved it so much I bought a new 2006. Had to return the 2006 due to hull leak from stern rudder nut insert damage from shipping, recently was given a 2007 in replacement, that also had leaks,this time in the cargo area both drain holes where the upper and lower shells were to be joined. Working on this now with the dealer to resolve. The boat is otherwise excellent and fast. I have 7 other kayaks from small to large. Love this boat, my wife is getting one too. Watch for leaks, test it by filling up with water, then finding the holes where it leaks out. Watch for stern damage to the rudder insert nuts from shipping, that was the main leak source on the 2006. Seat does collect puddle, I wonder why the set aft drain holes are not further down or just have one in the middle center seat. I have no rudder, will see how it goes next week on Eastern Shore, VA.