Submitted: 09-11-2007 by Capri

Even though the Redfish 14 is rated a 10 on sites for tracking and everything else, I find my husband's Big Game Ocean Prowler (12.9 or 13) tracks better. The hull design is different. I don't know much about hull designs or kayaks as a new owner, but I know I can tell the difference between the both. His is harder to paddle, so I'm faster being a foot longer and a few inches thinner.

It's a trade off, but also, I should have gone to one of those big symposiums to try different ones out. I don't know if I could have gotten the same size but a better tracking kayak.

Overall, I like it. Don't know if I would consider a rudder. I have to try a demo of any brand/make or model just to see if a rudder would throw me off or if I'm better off just using my paddle to steer. Steering w/ a paddle slows you down. I bought it to use as a safer kayak for recreational use, not fishing.

Lasso Security Cables: