Submitted: 09-07-2007 by kayakerdee

I live on the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and have been kayaking for 5-6 years. I'm 60 years old and found my previous cockpit-kayak (Necky Looksha poly) was too confining for trips over two hours. This new peddle system is ideal. Very stable, easy to get in and out.

The Hobie folks have done a wonderful job engineering the bells and whistles (cup holder, accessible dry storage, rod holder, etc.). My only complaints are the weight (60 lbs) and length make it difficult for one man transport. There are wheels available, but I launch and recover either over Rip Rap or off a pier. The second issue I have encountered is the seat adjustments seem to loosen with constant pressure.

I purchased the new turbo fins and this baby really flies through the water. I haven't used it in chop yet but have read the reviews and am not concerned. One of my neighbors purchased the tandem for he and his wife. They too are now converts.