Submitted: 09-07-2007 by risingsn

I have been paddling my Avocet for about 15 month. The build quality is excellent. The end toggles were not long enough to go over the bow & stern. I have removed the bungies on the end toggles and lengthened them so they go over the ends of the boat. I also added some padding under the bow deck. The model I have is Ultra Carbon. I have used the boat in the surf, 4 star trainings & assessment, L3 training & coaching classes.. Though I take care of the boat I do use it in all conditions. This layup has with stood everything I have put it through without any cracks in the gel or K/C. As to performance I have found that I can cruise @ about 4 mph. Though it does yaw slightly it tracks well with out the skeg. This is a very maneuverable boat & edges easily. I found that it a little faster than a Romeny & does not weather cock was much as a Capella 163. If you are looking for a boat in this range do not miss this one. For comparison I am 5'7" tall and 155#