Submitted: 09-06-2007 by yotaman

After much searching and debating, my wife and I decided to go with the Tsunami 140's. And since they were on sale at Outdoorplay.com, the decision was easier. I have done some kayaking in the past but my wife had only been once in a tandum with me. I am 5'10" and 155lbs and my wife is 5'7" and 150lbs. We took them out for the first time in some shallow inlets and had a great time. They track really well and although I had no problem turning them my wife did but that was mainly because she had no experience. After about an hour she seemed to have a much easier time at it.

The kayaks were very stable, seemed like it would take a good effort to turn them over. Even power boats going by didn't seem to bother them. The only reason we didn't stay out longer was because our arms were getting tired. We are looking forward to going out again and doing some exploring.

The only negative I can give is the weight. At 55lbs, it is kinda heavy. I can lift it but my wife cannot. I thought about the duralight model but at almost $500 more, it was not worth it.

Over all, we are both very happy with the 140's and look forward to more paddling time.