Submitted: 05-04-2000 by H.R. Hall

This touring kayak is.......Great!! I have owned 25 kayaks in four years of paddling and have finally settled down with a plastic touring kayak that meets all of my needs except one; custom color! I have found that many touring kayaks are rarely used to full potential. This kayak is just the right size, length, and weight. I had wised that Dagger would have one similar, but at this time the Savannah does not do the same as the Corona. The Corona cuts through choppy waters like a shock absorber, a smoothe ride. The cockpit is comfortable for me(6', 210lbs., size 11eee feet). It is very fast and controllable. The price is higher than other 14' kayaks but you get nice extras for what you pay.(1275.00 w/rudder). I am extremely picky, but was extremely impressed with this touring kayak. I am a huge Dagger paddler, but Perception got my business this time. This kayak is easy to load/ unload, portage and paddle. I am using it on my two week trip across S.C. this summer( from Tega Cay down to Charleston). This says a great deal about this kayak considering the kayaks I have owned. I still support Dagger kayaks, but the Corona raises the standard! I am impressed!!! Call me at (803) 482 3387 for the full story.