Submitted: 09-01-2007 by Will

I had recently sold my Old Town Otter Sport also known as the Rush (which I liked very much). I wanted to upgrade to a larger kayak. So I set out and found the Voyager 138. Looked like a nice yak.

I got her home and set out on the maiden voyage the next day. I was immediately set back by the seat arrangement. I have held high standards for Old Town through the years. I am now undecided. They put their name on this kayak, which is supposed to replace the old Loon 138 .

I hate the seat. No pad, so I am sore and constantly sliding off the front of the seat. I stuff a towel under me for padding. And the sliding seat will not stay put. The nylon screws will not hold it in place.

The seat is holding me back from a full review because that is all that is on my mind while on the water. I also found out shortly after buying it that Old Town will not carry the hatch kits for these any more. Which upsets me because I need a hatch kit for it. So I am starting to think I bought an obsolete model ???