Submitted: 09-01-2007 by Peter Hagberg

What an excellent boat this is for the money. I purchased one in trilon and one for my wife (a 14') they so far surpass our expectations. Having put in over 100 miles this month alone in all kind of conditions, I can say the boat tracks like it is on rails and it is a very efficient and fast David Yost hull design. That in addition to the drop down skeg I have had no issues with weathercocking even on Lake Ontario. I did have a problem with the seat but that was remedied by Bill Swift himself. Incredible customer service, I sent him an email and he answered right away and brought down a new seat from the factory the next week.

The boat has incredible initial stability and the secondary is very impressive as well. You can edge the boat and it turns on a dime without any feeling of going over. A good boat for beginers and veterans. We purchased these from Bay Creek Paddling Center in Rochester NY. They were very knowledgeable and professional. I would purchase another boat from them and we look forward to upgrading our Swifts to composites in a few years. Keep up the excellent work Bill.