Submitted: 08-30-2007 by speccoat

I'm a heavy guy (5-10 and 230 lbs.) but so far I've found the Approach to be a great all around boat. I bought an Approach and 2 Blackwaters (10.5 and 12.0) a couple years back. Plan was for me to use the 12.0, my wife the Approach and the kid would use the 10.5. Liked the Approach so much that I bought another recently. Even have the Blackwater 12.0 up for sale now.

As others have said, it is a bit of a tank, but it supports my weight very well, maneuvers predictably and can do lakes and streams. I've had it in II+ water and it did well. Not a playboat mind you, but at 44 years old and overweight, that's not what I'm there for.

Everyone else that has tried my boats over the years agrees that the Approach is the one they would choose. So do yourself a favor, if you want a good all around boat, take an Approach out at a local dealer. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.