Submitted: 08-29-2007 by BuckYak

The Charger was my first Yak purchase. So far I've really enjoyed it! Although, the learning curve to keep it from tipping takes a while. My first time taking it out was in the bay with my family watching as I tipped over about 10 times. I think they about wet themselves they were laughing so hard.. So yeah, it takes a bit to master. I have to say that the thigh straps are a MUST! They really help balance you in the boat in any kind of rapid/wake.

I fit in the yak just fine and I'm slightly larger than the average bear @ 6'2" and just a chocolate bar below 200lbs.

Definitely a good beginner boat. Not the fastest boat, but I don't plan on racing anybody, but I DO plan on surfing it in a few weeks down the OBX. We'll see how that turns out..

My advice to you is to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.. Learn your "leaning limitations."
GOOD LUCK!